This section includes the protocols for the detection of replicating cells with BrdU or EdU by flow cytometry or microscopy, for the simultaneous detection of DNA synthesis using BrdU and EdU, the mitochondrial DNA and their replication using BrdU by microscopy, detection of polyadenylated RNA, the protocol for introduction of small molecules into cells by hypotonic shift, recipes for the preparation of basic solutions used in the described protocols and also the tips for the selection of the right protocol for the detection of replicating cells.
- Detection of DNA synthesis by BrdU
- Detection of DNA synthesis by EdU
- Detection of mitochondrial DNA and replication
- Detection of polyadenylated RNA
- Hypotonic introduction of modified deoxynucleotides into cells
- Simulatenous detection of DNA replication using BrdU and EdU
- Common solutions
- What protocol should I use for the detection of DNA replication?